Ixia Hawkeye Review

A user-friendly tool that makes it easy to deploy real flow through the network

What is our primary use case?

I use it mainly for proof of concept for our customers, for example, to validate the internet service with different applications. The most common application is Netflix throughput and checks on the website.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the deployment because it's very easy to deploy real flow through the network. The deployment and the test are very easy to use. For example, to run a test or to schedule a test is very simple. The throughput test is very useful because I see the maximum bandwidth, the latency, and the packet loss. The graph is also easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

The customization of tests and even the results can be improved. With the results, you can only create a PDF that can't be modified. At the moment, you can only insert specific KPIs and create a PDF.

In the next release, I want a network operation center to measure the logs. I would also like to see more customization and more graphs. I want a comparison tool to compare two tests or two graphs. For example, run two different tests and compare the results, the graphs, see the values, and see what happened.

I have been using Ixia Hawkeye for almost one year.

The scalability of the solution is great. It's easy to aggregate more and more proofs.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give technical support a ten. I have direct contact, and they are fast.

The setup was difficult the first time I used it, but the second and the third were very easy. The hardest part is to connect the proof to the server. This took an hour and a half.

I've looked at other solutions that handle millions of proofs. While connecting the proof to the server is okay, it's too difficult to manage it all when you want to increase that number.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Ixia Hawkeye because there are some KPIs that are very useful. You can see how you work, how your network is, and if there is a problem with certain sites. It's a useful tool, and I recommend it.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give it a ten.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Find out what your peers are saying about Ixia, NETSCOUT, Cisco and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.