Jenkins Review

Valuable Features

I used it for building Java applications. It provides some excellent plug-ins like Repository connector plugin, Sonar Qube plug in and J-Unit plugin.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides a very user-friendly methodology to build applications. It can be very easily integrated with your repository containing the source code. It builds your applications in a user-friendly manner by just adding the repository URL.

Room for Improvement

One needs to be very careful with the POM file as it takes all the dependencies from the POM to build the application. I would not call it a drawback but a caution.

Use of Solution

I've used it for 10 months.

Issues with deployment occur primarily because of incorrect run time dependencies. The stack trace of the console can be used to encounter such problems effectively

Occasional technical glitches after upgrades.

Easy to run multiple instances simultaneously.

8/10

7/10

We didn't have any solution in place previously.

Initial set-up needs caution in mentioning the dependencies i.e. both runtime and compile time.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I believe it's good value.

Other Advice

It can be used effectively with technical expertise.

1 visitor found this review helpful