Jenkins Review

Enables us to automatically build Python binaries into several operating systems

What is most valuable?

We use Jenkins to automatically build Python binaries into several OS's i.e. OS X, Ubuntu, Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a company run by remote workers. Using Jenkins really helps us in moving our products forward into a number of different customer segments.

What needs improvement?

I think the UI and the UX can be improved. In our case, we have several products built using Jenkins. It is quite difficult to navigate into the latest stable build in a given OS.

Two years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues. As long as the configuration is set correctly, there is nothing difficult in scaling up.

Jenkins is a free and open source application. So, StackOverflow is more than enough for us.

From the very beginning, we wanted to target OS X, Ubuntu and Windows users. At first, the developer would manually create some builds and put them in Gdrive to be tested. We started to use Jenkins when we had some multiple developers and testers and needed a system to manage and automatically build our products.

In my company, my role is a software tester. I don't know whether the setup is difficult or not.

We went directly to Jenkins.

What other advice do I have?

Don't focus on the fact that Jenkins is open source. It is tough as a rock.

This software is ideal for you who work in software development especially those using Agile methodology.