McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Review

An effective security product that is lightweight and works well for virtual environments

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to prevent virus attacks from outside of the organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security, which is very effective compared to other products.

The resource utilization is very low, not consuming the same level of resources as Symantec.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard should be improved, as a more user-friendly version is required.

We have been using McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for five years.

This is a stable solution and it is being used 24/7.

We did not face any issues when we built up our infrastructure and increased our workload, so it is scalable. We have approximately 500 servers that it is deployed on.

When you first contact technical support, they simply show you articles. It is only after it is escalated that a person joins the call.

Prior to McAfee, I had used a similar solution from Symantec. I found that it was much more resource-intensive, although it was more user-friendly.

The complexity of the setup depends on the environment. We have multiple installations and in some cases, it is simple, whereas in others it is complicated. It took us between two and three months to deploy.

We had a third-party to assist with the deployment.

We have two or three people in our company who handle maintenance.

The licensing fees are billed on an annual basis.

We trust McAfee and as such, we did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is that it is very good for a virtual environment. I have not found any bugs, it is scalable, and overall a very good product. My only complaint is about the user interface.

More McAfee MOVE AntiVirus reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee MOVE AntiVirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.