McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Review

Protects the systems from malware, but might have an issue related to updates

What is our primary use case?

We run it across the organization for protecting the individual work locations and workstations. It could be a laptop, desktop, or server. A client version of McAfee End Point Security is installed on each and every desktop or laptop.

It completely monitors all the traffic and downloads. It also scans the files that are configured to be scanned. For example, any audio files, MOV files, or large files that we download. All such files will go through the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus to ensure that the virus is not getting into our network and systems.

What is most valuable?

The good part of this solution is that it protects the systems from malware etc. It also has a good user interface.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, the updates don't happen successfully. The updates start, but they are not completed. Let's say there is a process that runs on the server-side every night, and it pushes the updates. Sometimes, these updates fail. I'm not sure whether it is a McAfee's problem or an internal problem with our systems.

If this is really an issue with McAfee MOVE AntiVirus, McAfee can work on it and improve it in the next release. If it is an internal issue, I need to figure out why it is happening within the organization. We may need to take some technical support from McAfee to see what the problem is and then we need to get it fixed. At this point in time, all I know is that it happens sometimes.

We have been using this solution in our organization for the last two years.

It is scalable for now. Currently, around 200 users are using it. Our organization is growing, and we're not getting any scalability issues at this point in time.

I have never heard of any issues with technical support. That means technical support is good. If something comes to my notice or I have to get involved, then there is a problem.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is good.

We have only one team member who takes care of the implementation, which is kind of a scheduled job. Whenever we set up the environment for a particular user, this is a mandatory software that we install. This is the protocol that we follow across the organization for new configurations.

After this software is set up, it is updated with push updates via servers. It's all automatic. So, we don't need too many resources to take care of the implementation, unless there is a problem that needs to be looked into.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend McAfee MOVE AntiVirus to others. As of now, I don't see any problem. I haven't got a complete hold of what is happening over here. Maybe the updates are finding that we don't have any virus in the system. So, it's definitely satisfactory.

I would rate McAfee MOVE AntiVirus a seven out of ten.

More McAfee MOVE AntiVirus reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee MOVE AntiVirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.