Mendix Review

It massively speeds up IT projects in comparison to more traditional approaches.

Valuable Features

1. The fact that my customer/client can actually understand my ‘code’ – it makes it very easy to discuss and improve newly built software
  2. The online collaboration environment included in the platform, which massively improves the client/software integrator partnership
  3. The speed it gives us when doing a project. It massively speeds up IT projects in comparison to more traditional approaches

Improvements to My Organization

It’s not so much my own organization, but the clients my organization works for. They see faster time to market for new software, improved maintainability, and higher user satisfaction as the main improvements.

Room for Improvement

UX/UI design is still the largest area that can be improved, or at least be made easier. Mendix have been making massive steps in this area since release 5.18 though, so that’s promising. Next to that the integration possibilities have been expanding but can always use more options.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for over four years.

We had no issues deploying it.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our customer.

Excellent. Mendix support is usually fast and very helpful. Next to that, also the user forum is very helpful.

I’ve used OutSystems in the past. We chose Mendix because the UI of the Modeling (Software Suite) environment is easier to use, and the online environment is much more advanced.

Very straightforward from first version of your web-app to deployment.

Implementation Team

I work for a systems integrator that uses the vendors of the product to implement it for clients who don’t have an in-house team.

Other Advice

Do the math, and take into account not just the money but also your user’s happiness and the ability to quickly respond to changing circumstances by changing your software.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're an implementation partner