Mendix Review

​To market time has been reduced as development time has come down a lot.

Valuable Features

Being a device agnostic solution and responsive design support are most valuable.

Improvements to My Organization

To market time has been reduced as development time has come down a lot.

Room for Improvement

Seamless integration with legacy application is what I would like to see the most.

Use of Solution

I started with v5.7 approximately two and a half years ago.

We've had no issues with the deployment.

We initially faced issues with complex web services, but now Mendix have evolved and fix most of the major issues with web services.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

Initially the support was very good and quick, but now it is taking more time and needs a few follow ups.

I have not used a different solution similar to Mendix. I started using Mendix since my organization wanted it.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward. Just an exe to run. Also they provide good 18 Hrs training for you to get started with the product.

Implementation Team

We use the cloud option only for implementation, but In-house cloud deployment is also supported. You can chose your deployment option based on your need and type of application. They also provide third party cloud support like AWS, HP Helion etc.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

As far as I know, the licence is costly.

Other Advice

Mendix is a good option for people looking for fast deployment and Multiple device support with single code. But they need to check if the licence cost fits to their budget. Other than that no issues. I have seen large scale applications also running in Mendix.