Mendix Review

The ability to easily use web services and export and import files of different kinds is good.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features of Mendix includes the most vital logic building component called the microflows which cuts down the need to write code and instead using logic blocks to interpret the way the function should work. As part of microflows, there are ways which gives the developer flexibility by writing code using Java actions. There also other vital features like the ability to easily use web services and export and import files of different kinds.

Improvements to My Organization

The main way in which this product has improved my organisations functions is the ability to promote agile methodology and rapid development. It also allows users see what has been developed quicker than writing physical code. This means it allows us to test out different scenarios with ease and also changing entities and attributes are easier than ever. Another way this system has helped is the ease of releasing the product we are developing on different platforms whether it be desktops, tablets or phones. Being built using bootstrap also helps with the responsiveness of the system.

Room for Improvement

The area of this product that needs improving is the templates in which the user uses to create documents. As it stands it is not very intuitive and not pleasing to the eye.

Use of Solution

I have been using Mendix as a system for almost nine months.

There have been no issues with the deployment.

There are a few bugs when new versions are released which sometimes affects the program when it is run.

I have had no issues scaling it for my needs.

7/10 - I haven't needed to ask them for much but the Mendix community which also includes some developers in Mendix help to solve issues in less than 24 hours which I was impressed with.

Other Advice

The Mendix developers and community continues to add useful features and add ons to the system which makes it better in every iteration.