Mendix Review

Valuable business process management tool with low-code requirements

What is our primary use case?

We have a loan origination platform. What we're looking to do is have a dynamic process whereby, based on a variety of inputs, we can tailor the journey. At the moment, we're debating how that kind of journey works and if we put some kind of workflow in place, then firstly, this becomes a living documentation and, secondly, it's quite easy to be flexible as to how to adapt each journey rather than correcting one great big process. We wanted to break it up into smaller journeys. If each stage is isolated it becomes easier for each change that you want to make. That was the logic.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable with Mendix are its business process management and its minimal low code, both from an interface perspective and from a process perspective. With Camunda, we were looking at it from our business process standpoint. Appian and Mendix were one size fits all.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, of course I'd like it to be highly secure and highly scalable. Security is paramount to us. Scalability-wise, we don't necessarily have a huge volume.

From a scalability perspective, at this particular stage, it's not necessarily a top priority.

We started this journey with Mendix just a couple of months ago.

It is a flexible and stable solution.

Mendix is slightly less scalable than I'd like.

We have 30 internal users. The issue for us is, from a low-code interface perspective, how do we deal with external users?

The installation is fairly simple.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Mendix about an eight. I'd probably put Appian about the same and Camunda I would say is maybe a six.

I would recommend Mendix, but obviously, for the right use case. That's the point.

More Mendix reviews from users
...who compared it with OutSystems
Learn what your peers think about Mendix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.