Micro Focus Service Virtualization Review

It cuts down dependency across dev as well as any third party components. They need to mature and move forward.

What is most valuable?

Service Virtualization cuts down dependency across dev as well as any third party components. We have saved a lot of round-trip time going back and forth trying to look for environments, trying to look for APIs that might have not even been built, so we already understand what the requirement is trying to build our own simulate and API and try to integrate them.

What needs improvement?

A lot of technology, a lot of Microsoft services, a lot of support to the functionality aspect of it - they need to mature a lot.

They need to catch-up, as for about four years they did not invest a lot of money on newer toolsets, adapting newer technologies, etc. There have been a bunch of companies that evolved during that time, like CA products and the Parasoft suite of products. These guys have already matured, so now HP is trying to play catch-up. They need to mature and move forward. The technology is always evolving, so they need to move towards that.

It's scalable.

I've not had to contact tech support.

Service Virtualization, again it's a brand new concept, but we already had Parasoft. Now we are trying to gauge the synergy between the product lines which is good.

It's pretty straightforward as long as you know how the tool is designed to work and the architecture behind how you need to implement it for your environment.

What other advice do I have?

They are playing a catch-up game.