Microsoft Azure API Management Review

Good technical support, but the scalability and performance need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are a software firm and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The package as a whole is useful for our customers.

What needs improvement?

The API gateway, when it is deployed, is not as robust as Apigee.

I would like to see better scalability and better performance. Performance is important for us.

I have been using Azure API Management for the past two or three years.

Stability-wise it has a ways to go, although it has also come a long way since we first started using it. The issues that we have had are related to performance. Otherwise, it should be fine.

Scalability is something that is still maturing.

I have been in contact with Microsoft technical support and I would say that it's good overall.

We have also used Apigee and Azure API Management is not as robust.

I would not say that the initial setup is easy or tough, but in the middle. It can be difficult in that you need to know the components in order to use this solution to its full extent.

The length of time required for deployment depends on the use case and what we are building. It can take a month or sometimes, three months.

What other advice do I have?

We do not use one particular feature over another. Rather, it is the whole package that is useful.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.