Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio Review

You don't need to be a programmer to adopt this solution but the modeling feature needs improvement

What is most valuable?

Our organization employs people with diverse professional backgrounds. We have sociology, mathematics, and statistics backgrounds. We employ these people within our data science team. They require a certain amount of programming skills.

The good thing about Azure Machine Learning is they have a drag and drop feature. You can use Azure Machine Learning designer for all of your data science teams.

Any non-programmer can adopt it. All he needs is statistics and data analysis skills.

What needs improvement?

I used Azure Machine Learning in a free trial and I had a complete preview of the service. A problem that I encountered was that I had a model that I wanted to deploy and use on Azure Machine Learning, but there wasn't any option that that model can be used in the designer. I didn't find any option to upload my model, so that I can create my own block and use it in Azure Machine Learning designer.

I believe this is a problem because sometimes you have your model created on some other device and you just have a file that you think can be uploaded to Azure Machine Learning and can be tested through a simple drag and drop tool.

We have been using Azure for three months. We have been exploring it for different use cases.

I haven't used it long enough to have found any bugs in our current system. If there were bugs I would definitely report it on their website.

We didn't have any problems with the setup. It was pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's an easy tool. They have a good level of resources and we are pretty low with resources as far as data science is concerned.

Azure Machine Learning offers an opportunity for those who haven't been introduced to Azure programming. You can use the data analytics and their statistics skills to build and deploy data science solutions that can be beneficial for society and for different organizations.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio reviews from users
...who compared it with Databricks
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.