Microsoft 400x400

Microsoft BI Review
​MS BI comes with all the tools and it is to the best of my knowledge the most affordable solution​.​

Valuable Features:

MS SQL & SQL Server Analysis Services.

Improvements to My Organization:

We provide BI solutions to the users at every level in order to monitor business. We can deploy DWH, cubes and reports from scratch within weeks of implementation.

Room for Improvement:

SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is not user friendly, requires development, Power BI will surely provide a huge boost to MS BI in terms of self service BI. Then again, SSRS developers are plenty thus not so expensive.

Use of Solution:

10 + years

Stability Issues:

Stability issues are due to bad hardware sizing, bad forecast of volumes or bad data modeling.

Scalability Issues:

Only when data models were faulty of when the infrastructure was not compliant to MS recommendations.

Tech support from Microsoft when needed is as efficient as can be.

Previous Solutions:

Worked in different technical environments but never saw a switch from MS BI.

Initial Setup:

Developers and architects are easily available for this technology.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

MS BI comes with all the tools and it is to the best of my knowledge the most affordable solution.

Other Advice:

Watch your data model, use data marts when possible, set your archiving/purge policy from the beginning, size your hardware well (unless on cloud).

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Microsoft BI?

Our experts can help. 228,467 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.