Microsoft 400x400

Microsoft BI Review
​MS BI comes with all the tools and it is to the best of my knowledge the most affordable solution​.​

Valuable Features

MS SQL & SQL Server Analysis Services.

Improvements to My Organization

We provide BI solutions to the users at every level in order to monitor business. We can deploy DWH, cubes and reports from scratch within weeks of implementation.

Room for Improvement

SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is not user friendly, requires development. Power BI will surely provide a huge boost to MS BI in terms of self-service BI. Then again, SSRS developers are plenty, thus not so expensive.

Use of Solution

Ten-plus years.

Stability issues are due to bad hardware sizing, bad forecast of volumes, or bad data modeling.

Only when data models were faulty of when the infrastructure was not compliant to MS recommendations.

Tech support from Microsoft, when needed, is as efficient as can be.

Worked in different technical environments but never saw a switch from MS BI.

Developers and architects are easily available for this technology.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

MS BI comes with all the tools and it is, to the best of my knowledge, the most affordable solution.

Other Advice

Watch your data model, use data marts when possible, set your archiving/purge policy from the beginning, size your hardware well (unless on cloud).

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Microsoft BI?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.