Microsoft 400x400

Microsoft BI Review
​​All in all, for the price, this is an excellent tool for helping your organization turn mounds of data into useful insights.​​

Valuable Features

Microsoft BI Stack's best features are as follows:

SSRS – Self-service reporting and powerful subscription service

PowerBI – Self-service BI

MDS – Master data management

SSAS – OLAP Cube

Improvements to My Organization

Microsoft BI Stack improved the way our clients in the beverages (manufacturing and distribution) and the agro industrial sectors manage their financial reporting and board pack preparation, from one week to five minutes.

Room for Improvement

The following areas could be improved:

Publishing and sharing data using PowerBI.

People without private emails cannot publish and, frankly, this doesn't allow for easy training.

It's not always easy to speak directly with a MS Power BI expert.

You have to sign up to the Power BI service using an email address to share and view Power BI reports and dashboards, but Microsoft doesn't yet support personal (.cox, .gmail, et.) or government (.gov, .mil, etc.) email addresses.

Use of Solution

I have been using the Microsoft BI Stack solution for over five years in the beverages (manufacturing and distribution), agro Industrial, and telecommunication sectors.

I have not yet encountered any issues with stability.

I have not yet encountered any issues with scalability.

I would rate the level of technical support as 7/10.

I did not previously use a solution.

The initial setup of the Microsoft BI Stack environment is complex, has many moving parts, and you need to know what you want for outputs to make effective use of it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Other Solutions Considered

The following products were evaluated:
  • QlikView
  • Dundas

Other Advice

If you want to dazzle your audience and, at the same time, show meaningful insights, then this is the best tool.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Microsoft BI?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.