Microsoft BI Review

Ease of integration with various data sources and the dashboards are key for us

What is our primary use case?

We use it primarily to create visualizations, along with very light analytics of education performance data.

How has it helped my organization?

We cannot truly speak to improvements yet, as we are just exploring it. Potentially, it can provide instant access to a very current state of affairs for school performance.

What is most valuable?

• Dashboard functionality
  • Ease of integration with various data sources

What needs improvement?

It is definitely a wonderful analytics tool. However, database ETL, data integration functionality would be absolutely perfect in many cases. Currently, it doesn't get the job done and we need to extract, transform, and load the data from faulty data sets into something more suitable for the deployment of the analytics tool.

No issues with the stability.

I can't speak about the scalability, but I can speak more towards the interoperability. There is a very rich capacity for sharing its functionality.

It is a very simple application so there was no real setup. Just download it.

What other advice do I have?

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor are

• cost
  • sustainability.

I would rate it at eight out of 10 because of its ease of use, simple setup, and excellent integration. I would rate it a 10 if they provided free training.

It's a wonderful application, it meets our needs.