Microsoft Visual Studio Review

Open to other platforms and we are able to run additional components on top of it

What is our primary use case?

We use it for development of internal software projects. I am satisfied with it.

How has it helped my organization?

We can easily build solutions with this tool and we can get help from many other resources.

What is most valuable?

It's a universal solution. I like that I can easily find software developers for it. I can easily find staff on Microsoft forums. Also, we have other components that are running on top of Visual Studio. I like that it is open to other platforms. Finally, there are many many resources for Microsoft Visual Studio and I can easily find support. There is a large knowledge base for it as well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for rapid application development. For example, if I am developing a new project, I am repeating many similar steps again and again and again. But the platform could do this easily, instead of me. It would save me time. This is something I would like to have in Microsoft Visual Studio, to have it take over repetitive tasks from me.

It's a stable solution.

Scalability is fine.

Technical support is good.

The switch depended on a cost-benefit analysis. It was positive for me.

In this type of solution, application development, there are only a few possibilities. One of them is Microsoft. Another one is Delphi. We chose between just these two solutions. Microsoft was very dominant.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it an eight out of 10 because, as I said earlier, it could have more options to speed up development by handling repetitive tasks. But I would recommend Visual Studio.

When selecting a vendor I look at support and the name of the company.