Microsoft Visual Studio Reviews

rating
Cengiz Yalcin
IT Global Operations Manager at a Consumer Goods with 5,001-10,000 employees
Jul 31 2018

What is most valuable?

It's a universal solution. I like that I can easily find software developers for it. I can easily find staff on Microsoft forums. Also, we have... more»

How has it helped my organization?

We can easily build solutions with this tool and we can get help from many other resources.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for rapid application development. For example, if I am developing a new project, I am repeating many similar steps... more»

Which other solutions did I evaluate??

The switch depended on a cost-benefit analysis. It was positive for me.

What other advice do I have??

I rate it an eight out of 10 because, as I said earlier, it could have more options to speed up development by handling repetitive tasks. But I... more»
reviewer829596
User
User at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 04 2018

What is most valuable?

Personally, in my job as a developer, the version control system has been very helpful. It is also flexible enough to let me use Git as well as its own version control mechanism.

How has it helped my organization?

It is an excellent IDE, but the corporate features are what set it apart. We use TFS for our scrums, which links our tasks to actual code changes.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if Visual Studio's extensions and updates could self-correct, if they are not working or disabled, and also inform the user. Lately, for example, NuGet Package Manager has failed gracefully, but it did not say why.

Have A Question About .NET Development Services?

Our experts can help. 291,977 professionals have used our research on 6,557 solutions.
it_user477687
Software Engineer at a tech services company
Nov 26 2017

What do you think of Microsoft Visual Studio?

What do you like best? It is a multi-purpose IDE, where I can easily build C++, C#, and many other languages projects without any difficulty. I can develop mobile apps, desktop applications, web applications, etc. It provides me the ability to deploy applications directly from the Visual Studio. Its layout editor is pretty fast and easy to use.  It is becoming the one and the only IDE which give us the ability to build cross platform applications at one place with Xamarin support. I can use my core code across Android, iOS, and Windows apps. I only have to set its layout. This is also in the IDE. What do you dislike? Its IntelliSense, while overall good, I think it can be improved by covering the local status. It should show local variables first in IntelliSense and...
Ali Alnakeeb
User
Director Research Development with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 25 2018

What do you think of Microsoft Visual Studio?

Primary Use Case: Developing various .NET solutions, making sure code is well tested and debugging issues with it, then publishing the code from the application. • Improvements to My Organization: No one can say that VS IDE is bad. It is definitely sophisticated and provides many out-of-the-box features. Going community has boosted all that. • Valuable Features: Code navigation by symbols Document auto formatting Testing tools Publishing tools Performance testing Reference usage  • Room for Improvement: Since it is a heavy product, it is somewhat slow in building and executing the code in a localhost environment and it consumes a lot of resources. • Use of Solution: Three to five years.
ogarciacapetillo
Architect Software Test Engineer at MAS Global Consulting
Jun 21 2017

What do you think of Microsoft Visual Studio?

Valuable Features: Profiling Architecture (Code Map) Test and Load Test • Improvements to My Organization: Collaboration grew through the implementation. TFS - Agile (Scrum / Kanban) • Room for Improvement: IntelliSense Better management of using clauses Auto add/remove using reference Auto detect / suggest References or Nuget Package • Use of Solution: Six months (the 2017 version in particular). • Deployment Issues: NA • Stability Issues: NA • Scalability Issues: NA • Customer Service and Technical Support: Customer Service: NA Technical Support: NA • Previous Solutions: NA • Initial Setup: Simple. • Implementation Team: In-house. • Other Solutions Considered: NA • Other Advice: NA

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Microsoft Visual Studio

Have A Question About .NET Development Services?

Microsoft Visual Studio Questions

Microsoft Visual Studio Projects By Members

Microsoft Visual Studio Consultants

What is Microsoft Visual Studio?

Visual Studio.NET is the umbrella that represents the key pieces of the .NET platform delivered from Microsoft, including the .NET Framework, the recently announced .NET Core, and a shared common layer of packages, compilers and runtime. Read this .NET blog post about the evolution of the platform and the different pieces that make .NET 2015.
Microsoft Visual Studio customers
Knab, Hamburg Port Authority, Kecioren Municipality, National Instruments, Hamburg Port Authority, Government of Odisha, Kongsberg Maritime AS