Microsoft Visual Studio Review

It is broad-spectrum so it can be used for a wide variety of technologies

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for performance testing.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the fact that it's broad-spectrum, so it can be used for a wide variety of technologies. We are predominately .NET based and we use mostly .NET Core or .NET Framework so I can call in any immediate packages.

What needs improvement?

I would only say the deployment outline can be improved. We have shifted away from using Team Foundation Server, because it didn't work for our company. We shifted over to the Git approach and I do know that the Team Foundation Server has Git support. But we decided to rather go with GitLab as our main platform.

In terms of more support I would like to have the ability to plug into other open source pools. I know that it's focused towards the whole Microsoft Suite so it's more geared towards the Team Foundation Server, but if they can add more support to pools, that would be great.

I have been using Microsoft Visual Studio for the part ten to thirteen years.

In terms of stability, it really works for us. There are drawbacks to every solution out there, it's built into it. Our company is stripped across using Visual Studio. Some of the architects use Visual Studio Code so they don't really need an extent of IDE. They have a nice cut of IDE using Visual Studio Code. In terms of stability, I don't think we have shifted away from Visual Studio at all. It will always remain our IDE tool of choice.

With Microservice Architecture it has become very easy for us to scale out. I think it's more about the way that we handle scale. The tool allows it. I would say the hardships comes with the planning for scale, as opposed to the actual tool accommodating itself. We have about 1500 users on Visual Studio and then we have a small team dedicated to the maintenance of the deployment.

The technical team at Microsoft is known for their fast response time.

We utilized a bunch of templates for the initial setup instead of going through the trials and tribulations of setting up everything at once.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. They've really gone the 9-mile to accommodate not only corporate or big companies, but small, single users to utilize the community issue or business vehicle, and to develop and build on application. I would highly recommend it to anyone. In the next version, I would like to see systems like Juta as well as more testing tools. There's a massive automation drive, anything in terms of more out of the box automation features for Selenium, or ACRONYM, or automation tools like that. I rate this program ten out of ten.

1 visitor found this review helpful