NAVEX Global Review

It’s web based, they're constantly upgrading it and it meets our requirements.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features are that it’s web based, they're constantly upgrading it and it meets the requirements.

Improvements to My Organization

It's a document control system. It stores our documents. They're available on everybody's computers.

Room for Improvement

The reporting functions are terrible. They're not very user friendly. There are also implementation support issues, as I’ve mentioned elsewhere. Those are a few things.

The other thing is, and I'm not sure that there's a lot they can do about it, but the interaction between the product and Microsoft 2013 with PDF it's difficult. I know they're working with Microsoft. I know they're working with Adobe to try to smooth over some of those things, but I really don't know that there's anything they can do. It just makes life a little bit complicated. That's just something on my mind. It's something you have to expect with this kind of product that interacts with that other software that they have no control over.

Use of Solution

I have been using PolicyTech since 2007, almost nine-and-a-half years. This review is specifically for PolicyTech. I’m not familiar with any other NAVEX Global products.

We've had some stability issues. They're not insurmountable. I know they're working on them. When you're editing, sometimes it'll crash and you'll have to start over.

It's pretty much unlimited in terms of growth.

Technical support is excellent. They have excellent technical support. They're very responsive. They are always there and available on the phone. They always know what they're saying. They'll always find a way to help you.

We didn't have a previous solution. We were just using folders on Windows Explorer. The reason that we switched or that we decided to use this one was because it was web based. It was easy implement, it was very fast to implement and it's cheap.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward. It's time consuming, but it's straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered

I don't remember which other options we evaluated, but some of them were enterprise solutions. It would have involved the corporate information services group. That would have taken a lot more time and they were much more expensive.

Other Advice

One other thing that is not that great about PolicyTech is their implementation support. They basically just tell you what the features are, as opposed to helping you figure out how you need to implement it. Our company has several locations and I've actually helped the other locations do the implementation because PolicyTech was really no help there. My advice would be, as part of implementation, not to call the tech support.