Neotys NeoLoad Review

It provides data that provides executive-level comfort during peak periods, driving direction for future performance-oriented projects and goals. However, more community collaboration would be good.

What is most valuable?

It gives us the ability to quickly script a load test scenario and to develop complex testing scenarios. If you ever want to know more about your application, just recording a session can be invaluable.

How has it helped my organization?

Outside of the obvious benefits of load testing, the data we get back and are able to provide at the executive level provide a level comfort in the given application at peak periods, and drives direction for future performance-oriented projects and goals.

What needs improvement?

They have done well with patching and enhancements in each version. More of a “community” of shared experiences, help, and collaboration would be a good enhancement to their site.

We've been using it since 2011.

No issues encountered.

At times we have had issues with load generator agent stability, but tuning the heap and documented network hacks greatly reduced this.

No, it's very easy and quick to scale.

7/10

7/10

No, not previously but we have demonstrated or performed proof of concepts of other products.

The infrastructure setup was very straightforward, and getting started with our first test was relatively easy with online videos and resources.

We did it in-house.

Difficult to really estimate, however we do know that by load testing we have found countless issues over the years that would have affected our e-commerce revenue had these issues made it to our production environment.

We evaluated other products of similar nature as well other team member’s prior experiences with similar products.

What other advice do I have?

Start with some small, simple scenarios and expand complexity from there. Your project will take shape quickly, and something that seems overwhelming and complex will all of a sudden will not be so hard. Use the online resources and videos.