Neotys NeoLoad Review

I particularly like its ease of use, built in monitoring, and their extensive library of wireless devices and protocols.

Valuable Features

It's got a number of valuable features, the best of which I think are the mobile testing capabilities. It allows for load testing to make sure users can experience apps properly and checks for performance issues on the server side.

I particularly like Neoload’s ease of use, built in monitoring and their extensive library of wireless devices and protocols. We are able to simulate various wireless communication standards such as 3G, 4G etc. with ease.

Improvements to My Organization

A lot of our customers are now using mobile technology, so it's provided us the platform and ability to do mobile testing, which in turn enhances their experience in our store.

Room for Improvement

NeoLoad’s lack of support for a complete protocol suite is somewhat limiting. While they do offer some protocols (Kronos, GWT V2.6) that others do not, they are not a one stop shop for protocol testing. Neotys is considered a forward looking company in the software performance testing world and legacy protocols such as RTE, SAP GUI and RDP are not included in their suite of protocols. I would like to see a more comprehensive offering of protocols with future releases.

Use of Solution

I've used it for a little over a year.

No, not at all. This was probably the easiest part of it. iIt’s working out really well as it is not taking up much resource and it was very easy to install.

We didn't encounter any issues with stability.

No, but to be fair, we don’t have a very large license right now, so this hasn’t become an issue for us. If I plan accordingly, this shouldn’t be an issue over time either.

The questions that we’ve had for them, they have answered very quickly. The team here is very skilled and we've managed to resolve any issues we've encountered ourselves. But when we have reached out to them they have been very responsive and they've solved our issues quickly.

We haven’t completely switched over yet. We are also using HP Performance Center. We are starting to slowly migrate. The mobile capabilities and the cloud testing capabilities, HP are lacking. I think in the next three to five years we will totally migrate to Neoload.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

We certainly have an ROI, but it is hard to put in to numbers. If I don’t do the testing, how much sales do I lose? Millions of dollars. I can definitely tell you it would be significant.

Other Advice

They have been very responsive. They have even made an on-site visit. It’s been very good, they have had recent turnover but they are managing the transition well and they have even had a top team member reach out to us.