Neotys NeoLoad Review

several key features: Jenkins integration, infrastructure monitoring, and results analysis.

What is most valuable?

There are several key features, including Jenkins integration, infrastructure monitoring, and results analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

Implementing this product has allowed us to increase the number of projects that get load testing, and the frequency by which we re-test our performance.

What needs improvement?

It needs improvements in the UI. It's currently not as friendly as it should be.

We've used it for seven years.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

We have never experienced any isuses with stability.

The product has scaled very well up until this point.

The support from Neotys is very good. Responses are timely and come from experienced, knowledgeable load testing professionals.

We previously, and still use JMeter for some projects, in addition to Neoload.

The initial setup is straightforward for basic usage. The setup for higher volume load testing is more involved, but I wouldn't say complex, as should be expected for an enterprise class load testing tool.

We implemented it with our in-house team.

It's priced based on the numbers of VUs, virtual users, that your needs require. The free edition gives you 50 VUs. The pricing is fair for high-volume licensing. Cloud VUs can be rented on-demand for bursts of higher capacity testing needs without permanent purchase.

We looked at JMeter and Webload.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend understanding load testing concepts before using any automation tool.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Hugo Van den BergReal UserTOP 20

I basically agree with this review. The 'Other Advice' is one of the most valuable parts. Whatever you are using, you need to understand what you are doing. A representative load test environment and sufficient coverage of the application being tested are often ignored, producing test results that will not predict the performance of your production environment.

15 February 16