NetApp FAS Series Review

Exceeded clients needs

What is most valuable?

SyncMirror (for legacy to new platform migration, prior to CDOT availability), SnapManager Suite (for application aware data protection features, namely Oracle and Microsoft), FlashCache & FlashPools (for accelerating workloads, volumes and/or entire aggregates).

How has it helped my organization?

A customer was running legacy FAS3140's, 5+ years old, and began deploying VDI clients on their 10GbE network. Their storage became a bottleneck and seamlessly migrated to FAS8020's w/ FlashCache and all performance concerns have been removed, and users have complimented the performance improvement of their desktops!

I'm a VAR and have been recommending FAS for 4+ years

None

Very high. Local field support came onsite to the customer not to sell anything, but to introduce the support system at NetApp, and how everything works under the covers.

Not much was needed for this particular client; however, tech support when needed has been very responsive and knowledgeable.

Client handled, but very straightforward.

Long time NetApp customer, very happy with the solution.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am a consultant and reseller who works very closely with this client.
More NetApp FAS Series reviews from users