NetApp FAS Series Review

It comes with an OS developed by its engineers, and its clustered data ONTAP, which supports clustering and high-level scalability.

What is most valuable?

• Deduplication
  • High Availability

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us with a very effective storage solution.

What needs improvement?

The virtualization technology.

I've used it for over three years.

Absolutely, it’s just some compatibility variance with some of the production environment aspects, like AV, and Archiving systems which needed to be integrated with.

Not at all as the HA features are great.

NetApp comes with an OS developed by its engineers, and its clustered data ONTAP, which supports clustering and scalability to a high level.

The support team supports us as vendor partner with a lot of tools. And the auto-support feature is just as amazing as the product, whenever a disk fails or any issue occurred the features sends alerts to you and to the customer, and send you a replacement of the disk right away, in a very effective manner, and quickly, that you may do not notice that there’s an issue in your that disk.

10/10.

I deal with a lot of solutions similar in the concept with NetApp FAS, but when it comes to NetApp, there are too many features that means it worth it.

It was clear and straightforward, as you console the device, and it boots, you configure and initialize the product, and as soon as that is done, you are ready to create your aggregates, volumes, and shares.

We are an integrator, and we also have an in house device that we run our test labs on.

The NetApp technical team is very supportive, and they can, in some complex and large projects, come and share the in-site implementation with their partner.

We can't calculate this.

Prices may seem to be a little bit expensive, but the features just makes you happy that you took the step, and licensing is all included except a very few features, with a high end and complex environment.

EMC

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a partner.
2 Comments

author avatarArchitect at Dimension Data Middle East and Africa

Agree with above, though not fully familiar with Clustered ONTAP. 7-Mode was great, though now being superseded. Extremely easy to manage, great built in features, add-on software like SnapManager suite, Virtual Storage Console etc. Support is great, though sometimes do take long to resolve complex cases.

author avatarHenry