NetApp FAS Series Review

We were able to restore a lot of data in about an hour, although NetApp OnCommand, which has been a lot better recently, could still be made faster.

What is most valuable?

The integration with VMware is the most valuable feature for us because we run a lot of VMs and the backup is very good when you run your VM in NFS.

How has it helped my organization?

We had a case when they had to restore a lot of data. We went back one hour and got back everything. The restore itself only took about an hour.

What needs improvement?

Some of the tools could be improved like NetApp OnCommand. This has been a lot better recently, but they could make it faster.

We've been using it since 2005.

It's very stable and I’ve never experienced any problems in 10 years.

It scales to our needs.

8/10 - only because it is impossible to have a 10, as there is no one that good. We’ve had a good experience with their customer service.

The solutions that are present on NetApp’s website are enough usually, but when it is tough for me to resolve it on my own I go to our consultant.

We did a long time ago.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward. We started on a small scale and built it up.

We implemented it in-house, but we use a consulting company to help. Now, we run it on our own.

It fulfills the needs we have for storing data well. We had a lot of storage spread out over many devices from many vendors and now everything is consolidated. It saves a lot of time.

What other advice do I have?

Ask other people who use it as references are really valuable.