NetApp FAS Series Review

We were able to restore a lot of data in about an hour, although NetApp OnCommand, which has been a lot better recently, could still be made faster.

Valuable Features

The integration with VMware is the most valuable feature for us because we run a lot of VMs and the backup is very good when you run your VM in NFS.

Improvements to My Organization

We had a case when they had to restore a lot of data. We went back one hour and got back everything. The restore itself only took about an hour.

Room for Improvement

Some of the tools could be improved like NetApp OnCommand. This has been a lot better recently, but they could make it faster.

Use of Solution

We've been using it since 2005.

It's very stable and I’ve never experienced any problems in 10 years.

It scales to our needs.

8/10 - only because it is impossible to have a 10, as there is no one that good. We’ve had a good experience with their customer service.

The solutions that are present on NetApp’s website are enough usually, but when it is tough for me to resolve it on my own I go to our consultant.

We did a long time ago.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward. We started on a small scale and built it up.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house, but we use a consulting company to help. Now, we run it on our own.

ROI

It fulfills the needs we have for storing data well. We had a lot of storage spread out over many devices from many vendors and now everything is consolidated. It saves a lot of time.

Other Advice

Ask other people who use it as references are really valuable.