NetApp FAS Series Review
We are an online hotel reservations company, so if our website goes down we lose money at a very high rate per minute. It has been many years since we have had an outage due to storage because of FAS.

Valuable Features

• Reliability
  • Snapshots
  • Ease of tooling
  • Integration with our systems
  • It's multiprotocol

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

The performance needs to be improved. Due to the performance issues, we're moving to NetApp Flash FAS as it provides almost infinite performance.

Use of Solution

We've used it for nine years.

We've had no issues with deployment.

The stability is excellent.

It's scaled well for us.

It takes a long time to resolve most cases. It requires an extensive amount of troubleshooting and tends to be very time consuming on our end in terms of collecting data for the engineers to work on.

It's straightforward. I'd say, though, that it's medium complexity because it is not done in one day.

Implementation Team

We used a mixed team of in-house and vendor personnel.

ROI

I wouldn't know how to begin to calculate it.

Other Solutions Considered

That was a long time before I joined the company.

Other Advice

Do your research on clustered Data ONTAP as it is a very complicated product, much more complicated than the previous version.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I used to work for NetApp as a consultant.