NetApp FAS Series Review

Reliable storage, easy to use, performs well, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are using NetApp FAS Series on all of your sites.

We use it in four major systems for productions in broadcast TV channels.

I can say that we use it in Production and Archive environments according to the model and disk structure.

How has it helped my organization?

I can say that we use it in Production and Archive environments according to the model and disks structure.We tested many storages. Netapp was the most successful in terms of performance. We did multiple HD ingests in real-time. At the same time, Editing teams edited on the ingested files. As Ingest, we recorded more than 20 HD cameras simultaneously. We chose netapp when we saw that it was successful in the tests we carried out according to our structure.

What is most valuable?

• First of all, I think it is very suitable storage for media.
  • When editing and recording at the same time, its performance is quite sufficient.
  • The fact that it is redundant for the controller provides sufficient security.
  • I can share all volumes as a single space through the FlexGroup structure.
  • You can manage departments independently by creating more than one SVM.
  • Ontap is a very stable and reliable operating system.

What needs improvement?

There should be a separate admin web management for each SVM. We are currently managing all SVMs from a single admin interface. it is a problem.

Real-time performance monitoring requires good software. It would be great to be able to see the audit logs.

We have been using NetApp FAS Series for more than five years.

I can say that it is a stable product.

NetApp has a structure that can grow very easily. You can expand by buying suitable model shelves. You can expand by the value allowed by the controller.

We have opened cases with technical support in Europe. They can connect and together we resolve the issue.

At times we use support from the support site.

What other advice do I have?

NetApp FAS Series can use the cloud services in the storage and can be upgraded to the cloud.

I could recommend this solution to other media companies to use. It's an easy product to use that is stable and has good performance.

I would rate NetApp FAS Series a nine out of ten.

More NetApp FAS Series reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE StoreOnce
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Deduplication Software. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.