NetApp OnCommand Insight Review

We are able to pull statistics off of the devices within our enterprise and correlate them to predict trends which are happening

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable ones are actually being able to pull statistics off of the devices within our enterprise and correlate them to predict trends which are happening.

How has it helped my organization?

Biggest benefits are with analytics on devices and some of the applications. Case in point, Exchange and SQL, seeing how they are doing with trending, then as we are adding things, see how it is changing that trend.

In the government and military industries specifically, it is unique. It has helped a lot. It is a little misunderstood still, but what we are getting out of it and what we are providing to the leadership has been extremely valuable to them.

What needs improvement?

We can't encompass everything into it yet. E.g., the plugins for the other vendors' products that we can't currently monitor.

I have been using it for just over a year now.

I came into it after it was already in place. However, it was being underutilized, so we started bringing in a few of the OCI experts to spin us up to speed on what it is capable of and how we could use it.

It is extremely stable.

For scalability, out of a 10, I would give it a nine. Mainly, this is because we have some other vendors' solutions, like Nutanix, where we do not have the plugins for them yet.