NetApp OnCommand Insight Review
We can proactively anticipate performance issues on the server or databases

What is most valuable?

Performance monitoring of hundreds of switches and being able to see results in one dashboard.

How has it helped my organization?

With the alerts of saturation of FC ports in their early states, we can proactively anticipate performance issues on the server or databases.

What needs improvement?

Enhance SNMP monitoring in order to broaden the number of storages that can be discovered. Review the setup of the software and divide the DB from the application and web server. Also, modularize the software more.

Four years.

No issues.

Yes, because it has a unique server module.

It is very good with a quick escalation process and delivery of new patches in a couple of weeks.

We have used and currently use other SRM softwares, but this one is more intuitive and easy to manage.

Very straightforward. You need only to define how many collectors and enable the needed firewall rules.

I do not advise about pricing: For me, it is always too much. Licensing is on TBs, and I think, nowadays that is outmoded.

A storage with 100TB or more could be the minimum in some cases. The licensing should be reviewed in number and types of storages discovered.

I was not involved in the evaluation process. However, one is the compatibility matrix: the larger, the best.

What other advice do I have?

Spend a little more time in design in order to save next time when the infrastructure is active.