NetIQ Access Manager Review

Easy to integrate with lots of different applications

What is our primary use case?

As a NetIQ Partner we are offering NetIQ Access Manager as a primary choice for controlling application access. The product is mainly designed for Web Application which make this product a good choice for the cloud applications. But it is also a good choice for in-house applications.

How has it helped my organization?

NetIQ Access Manager provides reverse proxy services with different options like authentication, strong Authentication, role based access control, federation etc..

We use it as a front end for in-house application to secure and control application access.

What is most valuable?

The integration is quite easy because there are a lot of options for integrating with different applications, so it is very versatile.

There are lots of options to customize the solution to your needs. Integrated with AD and there are a lot of options for federation.

What needs improvement?

The application portal could be improved with more options and easier customization. I mean give more menu options without doing css development that is not always an available option for IT Managers. Then, the product offer many feature that answer to most of the needs in this area.

Four years

This solution is quite stable.

It is really scalable because you can add or make clusters.

We have six hundred end users for this solution. I am the sole administrator.

We do not have too many technical problems, and we are satisfied with the support.

In terms of the initial setup, if you know a bit about the product then it is not complex. If you don't know anything about it then it might be difficult to start.

I implemented the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using the solution, but for this type of product, you have to make sure that you know your needs. You need to run a study about your business needs, just to make sure this is suitable.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I worked for a company that is NetIQ partner.