HPE Nimble Storage Review

The snapshot feature allows you to manage your backup schedule based on your RPO & RTO.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are snapshot & replication. The snapshot is straightforward in terms of how you can easily manage your backup schedule based on your RPO & RTO. You can instantly recover your data in a minute when you need it from a specific point in time. The replication was very reliable and efficient for our customers because you can just replicate your data with a minimum 2 Mb bandwidth.

You know, here in the Philippines, internet bandwidth is one of the most critical concerns and with Nimble, bandwidth wasn't an issue for you to have a reliable disaster recovery setup (DR site) and amazingly, Nimble doesn't charge you any additional license cost no matter how big the data that you need to replicate.

How has it helped my organization?

• Upgraded models that doubles the capacity and performance

What needs improvement?

Just continue the updates of technology features; I expect there will be more updates in capacity and IOPS as models upgrade in the future.

I have used it for about two years; from the CS200 series and the CS700 series to the new models, which are the CS1000-CS7000 series.

So far, based on my experience in deploying Nimble in different industries such as telcos, manufacturing, retail, hotel & casino, etc., I haven't encountered any major issues in terms of stability because all of the components were fully redundant and aside from that, Nimble has a monitoring system, or what they call InfoSight, which gives you proactive support. The product appliance will send a heartbeat every five minutes to InfoSight just to make sure that all software and hardware components are working properly and 100% up and running.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; this was really a scale to fit. I can just scale up if I need to by upgrading specific components such as CPU, SSD & HDD. I can also scale out by combining different Nimble array models to have flexible adjustment if certain apps need more resources.

Technical support is 10/10. Aside from InfoSight, they have technical support on standby 24/7 when you need it. In terms of hardware replacement, they always make sure that they meet what is expected from the SLA.

I previously used a different solution, and I switched to Nimble because of its cost effectiveness, its ease of use and it is very manageable. Nimble simplified everything for me.

Initial setup was very straightforward. In fact, you can set up the product in just 30 minutes, as long as everything is ready; the checklist, etc.

Pricing is very competitive compared to other solutions. All the features are bundled in the product without any additional cost.

There are no licensing costs.

Before choosing this product, I also evaluated other options such as EMC, HPE, IBM, etc. Among those brands, for me, Nimble was the most cost effective and simplified.

What other advice do I have?

Please evaluate and review other solutions and from that, you can simply compare and experience the advantages of Nimble storage in terms of features, performance, cost effectiveness, reliability, and efficiency.

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users