HPE Nimble Storage Review

Ease of management, speed, and price are the most valuable features. There is no licensing cost.

What is most valuable?

• Easy management (and easy management during the lifetime of the product) translates into savings. Therefore, it’s important for us.
  • Speed and price: Nimble Storage is simply the most speed and space for the least price. No other product comes close.

How has it helped my organization?

We now need fewer hands to manage storage. Nimble has incredible speed and stability.

What needs improvement?

It’s just perfect the way it is!

Nonetheless, it would be nice to have:

• I need a real API (REST), and Nimble Storage made a REST for me (and all the other customers), so the product is perfect for me! Most of the other roadmap features do not interest me.
  • It would be nice to have a ”virtual Nimble Storage box” in the cloud, so that I can replicate data to the cloud (and clone VMs and spin them up). This is in the roadmap.
  • I also want replicated snapshots on CHEAP space in the cloud (like Amazon Glacier).

I have used it for more than 3 years.

I have encountered no stability issues.

I have encountered no scalability issues.

Their technical support is the best support that I ever had, and it's free!

We used NetApp. Nimble Storage is a better block storage than NetApp on every single parameter.

Initial setup is very straightforward. Nimble helped us install the first array during the PoC and we installed the rest of the system.

There is no licensing, only an up-front price (and service and support) and the price is cheap for the speed and volume.

We evaluated Violin, and it was much too expensive and not that much faster.

What other advice do I have?

Buy Nimble Storage!

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users