Nimble Storage Review

It has allowed us to upgrade our DMS to the latest version

What is our primary use case?

The AF5000 array is the primary storage for our iManage DMS 10 document management systems.  It allows the best performance for users using the system.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to upgrade our DMS to the latest version and reuse the older array as the DR storage for VMware SRM.  The entire DMS system performance has improved compared to the old which was on a previous generation CS260G.

What is most valuable?

Having all-flash with two banks of disk for population is great for expansion. InfoSight is always one of the best out there for array reporting and troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

The product is great.  When sizing the array based on requirements the option to add more network cards for throughput would be something to help clients.  Product Support is best in class as always.

Three to five years.

No stability issues.

No issues here and we have a full bank for disk expansion.

Customer service is great and they go above and beyond to help.

Technical support is second to none out there combined with Infosight. Also having technicians assigned directly to you when needed is great!

No, we are a Nimble shop with nine arrays now.

Straightforward and very easy, as always.

Implementation was in-house, done by myself.

ROI will be determined over the next year, after we go-live.

When selecting a vendor make sure to validate with the vendor that the throughput is enough. With the AF5000, it is 2GB/s write and 4GB/s read, which we are maxing out. Also, ensure to get the right amount of network cards.

Also, make sure that the specifications meet the application domain and ensure the right amount of network cards are in the array.

Nothing else was evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Nimble AF is a great platform and is only getting better. On top of that, InfoSight's great technical support makes it an easy choice.