• Oracle Data Mining provides a powerful functionality as it enables users to discover new insights hidden in data.
• It enables building of predictive models.
• Its model can be included in SQL queries and entrenched in applications to offer improved business intelligence.
• It has more than ten data mining algorithms that can be used in data mining.
Room for Improvement:
• Problems in handling huge data sets
• Cannot be used to process statistical data
• Performance benchmarks are difficult in data mining
I use the models of this product to derive predictions and descriptions of behavior from the database system. It eases work of moving data from relational tables into the analytical workbenches. It simplifies model implementation by submitting Oracle SQL functions to score data stored within the database.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jan 23 2013