Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

Mature and reliable with excellent support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a database.

What is most valuable?

It's the most reliable database available on the market.

The tried and tested services that Oracle provides is second to none.

The solution offers excellent support.

The product is very mature. There are a lot of new upstarts, however, this technology has a long history of quality. While other options may not have many use cases available, Oracle certainly does. They have a wide variety of success stories users can look to.

What needs improvement?

The solution is considered expensive.

We've been using Oracle for the past five or six years. Some of our customers are on the solution.

The solution is quite stable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It's reliable. It doesn't crash.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to increase usage, it can do so rather easily.

As we deal with many clients, the sizes of the companies vary. I'm not sure how many users each company would have on one solution. Whether they need 100 or 1,000 users, we'll design the system to meet their needs.

Oracle does provide very good technical support. They have company support models available. If you are a license holder, you can raise your ticket in the Oracle site and get support. It's my understanding that our clients are happy with the level of support available to them.

We use a variety of solutions, according to our client's needs, as we are service providers.

The solution can be both complex and straightforward to implement. If you area laptop user, it's very simple. However, when you need to configure it as a production server, then it's a complex.

Typically, it takes about one to five hours to deploy the product. It's not too long.

If you are only using a developer edition, it will take a maximum of 30 minutes to one hour to deploy. If you need to set up your entire production, then it will take at least a couple of days due to the fact that there are a lot of activities that need to be done.

One active professional can handle an Oracle setup. You don't need too many people to implement it.

We have our own in-house team that can handle deployments for our clients.

The solution is quite expensive. It's not the cheapest on the market. Companies will have to pay a fair bit for it. The pricing is core and processor-based. The overall cost largely depends on how many nodes your company needs to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

We're working with the latest version of the solution.

We're on the service industry side of the business. Whatever our clients need we work to accommodate. Whether they prefer an Oracle server or a Microsoft option, we'll work with them to meet their needs. We don't exclusively deal with Oracle. We would never push our clients to use specific technologies. We just suggest options and highlight the features that best apply to their use cases. Then, we simply follow their wishes and deliver on their expectations.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten overall. They're very competitive in the market and very good as a product overall. Our clients are happy with it. If the pricing was a bit lower I might give them a perfect ten out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Oracle Enterprise Manager reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Enterprise Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.