Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

Drastically reduced our diagnostic time and helps us monitor multiple instances

What is most valuable?

The performance console is a must.

How has it helped my organization?

Can drastically reduce the diagnostic time and help monitoring multiple instances. Be aware that a lot of the features need appropriate licensing.

What needs improvement?

I would say the footprint on the server. Also the GUI can be tricky.

More than 7 years

To uninstall I needed to refer to the documentation.

No and it's a good point.

Customer Service: Very good.Technical Support: Very good.

I used ignite8 which is a must have for the perf part and a lot cheaper.

It requires some reading but nothing is too complex.

Myself.

Yes, quest spotlight- too messy. Nothing like AWR.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try with the version embedded within the database and then go further.
More Oracle Enterprise Manager reviews from users
3 Comments

author avatarit_user3876 (Database Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees)

Hi François Gregoire. Ignite has many advantages over Oracle Enterprise Manager regarding end-user performance analysis, monitoring and problem resolution. It is light weight and puts negligible load on databases being monitored. It also generates meaningful graphs that help in understanding the impact of performance related issues.

With such benefits of Ignite, why you preferred using oracle enterprise manager?

author avatarit_user80244 (Head of Data Analytics at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees)

Hi imran, I DO NOT prefer OEM. I love IGNITE, I chose it, I'm using it in my company at the moment, but it's almost exclusively performance oriented. But that said, it was a review of OEM which is still a great tool with a broader scope. Even when using the standard database with all the licensed features disabled it remains usefull.

author avatarit_user83598 (IT Manager at a tech services company)

Hello,

You mentioned in deployment issues : To uninstall I needed to refer to the documentation.
So can you please share your thoughts on Installation part ?