Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

I can easily visualize bottlenecks in database performance tuning with historical graph trends

What is most valuable?

Real-time performance monitoring

How has it helped my organization?

Can easily visualize bottlenecks in database performance tuning with historical graph trends; where as before it would be based upon manually tuning using scripts which are text based. Ability to get email alerts for systems in trouble; where as it would have been manual steps to obtain health-checks on all database servers.

What needs improvement?

Stability and bugs in the product. There seem to be too many.

3 years

Many problems which were fixed with patches.

Initially yes, but after patching it was stable; but with applying the latest version 12.1.0.3, we seem to be unstable again.

Customer Service: Appalling, raised issues with support and that take ages to respond.Technical Support: Appalling; they take far too long to understand the issue, they just simply appear to read scripts; if our problem is not on the script; then they struggle to think.

It was a complex installation, in that we have 2 servers as opposed to a single all in one solution; but it was nothing we could not manage.

In-house

Initial set up was approx. 5 days’ worth of DBA’s effort

What other advice do I have?

Be prepared for a lot of heartache before it beds in. Get the latest patches for the project, and read up on most common bugs issues before implementation;
More Oracle Enterprise Manager reviews from users