Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

I like the reports. It allows me to have a place to check all my targets.

Valuable Features

I like the reports of Enterprise Manager, as you have a lot of targets. You can create generic reports based on some metrics of those targets. It allows me to have some sort of place to check all my targets.

Room for Improvement

I would like to have more details and privileges. Sometimes, I have a problem where I need to grant a user in Enterprise Manager the privilege to view a database. When I grant a privilege to him, to monitor a database, he also gets the privilege to view the host of the database, and I don't want him to show the host, only the database. I would say more grantable and obtainable privileges are needed.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for four to five years.

It's very, very stable.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

I never needed support for Oracle. The packages that they offer are very good. I never need to contact any guys from Oracle to perform support.

It's very easy to setup, not for someone who has never worked with it, but if you had junior or someone a little more experienced than a junior, they are good enough to deploy. It's easy to deploy.

Other Advice

Before deploying a new service, be sure you configure it very well, because it's very boring and time consuming to later do this. It would be good to do this during the deployment phase. That is what I would think.