Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

Monitors all our Oracle infrastructure and as a DBA I also use it for SQL monitoring

What is our primary use case?

We primarily using this for the monitoring, it monitors all our Oracle infrastructure. As a DBA I also use it for SQL monitoring and for performance tuning analysis.

What is most valuable?

It's user friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

We have Oracle Accelerator. We heard this is a better tool for monitoring Accelerator. But it's more than monitoring just that, we have extended the monitoring to DB2 and SQL Server platforms.

What needs improvement?

I think they have already listed some things in 13c. I heard it includes a couple of features we are looking for like monitoring templates. I want to explore those features. Probably they will be included in 13c.

We have been using it for the last three years.

It is pretty stable. There are some pros and cons, but we compared it to other tools which are available for monitoring Oracle databases and other products, and what we found is this is one of the best.

It's scalable. Currently, we are monitoring close to 3000 targets and it's pretty well scalable.

I'm a bit skeptical of it. I personally experienced a little longer time than I would like to get the right solution for issues. They have good support. It depends on the person with whom you are interacting.

I would say setup is moderate, actually. It's not that difficult. If you have a good background in web logic and servers then I think it's easy. They have very good documentation in place so you just have to follow the documentation and it can be installed easily.

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the best tools we've had. I would advise others to go for it.

More Oracle Enterprise Manager reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Enterprise Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.