Oracle Exadata Review

Smart Scan feature is very capable and has great data retrieval rates

What is our primary use case?

My primary job on Exadata is working with the Oracle engineer whenever a customer makes a patching request. We engage with the Oracle engineer regarding Exadata patching in a quarterly manner, around every three months. I collaborate and communicate with our customers daily regarding these activities on Exadata.

What is most valuable?

On our customer side, we deploy Exadata X7 and Exadata X5. We work on our customer's side with Exadata patching on Exa 5 and Exa 7, and with an Oracle Enterprise Manager regarding monitoring purposes.

Their monitoring tool is available in the Exadata environment where you can easily monitor all things in the Exa tech support and if there is any issue present in Exa, you can easily fix it.

We are willing to migrate our customers to Exadata X8 since this is a new version of Oracle Exadata.

Their Smart Scan is a very capable feature with a great data retrieval rate.

What needs improvement?

It would be good if Exadata made some new features available regarding data retrieval and speed capacity functions.

I have been using Oracle Exadata for one and a half years.

Exadata is also a very stable environment. Their Smart Scan feature is great for every banking environment and financial institutions willing to implement it.

It is a very scalable environment.

Our customers are very satisfied regarding Exadata because when we raise a call with Oracle regarding any issue their response is very prompt, within 5 minutes. And an engineer is available for working on the issue.

The initial setup was very easy and took two to four hours working on it because this is an engineer system. So the Oracle engineer and the ACS team worked on it and on the on-premises database to migrate to Oracle Exadata.

What other advice do I have?

In our current situation it is not bad, it's a very capable and very comprehensive solution.

On a scale of one to ten I rate Exadata a ten!

More Oracle Exadata reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Exadata. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.