Oracle Exadata Review

What is most valuable?

The High Availability and rolling upgrade features are the most important for us. They help us achieve zero downtime and increased performance.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest advantage to our implementation of Exadata is that because it's an Oracle-engineered system, our database administrations don't have to worry about performance tuning. It's already optimally tuned and, when compared to other systems, it's really provided us with better performance.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It is brand new for us, and we are slowly getting other databases into it. So far, it's good, but we are not using 100% of them, so we still have to learn a lot.

It has the best scalability of all our Oracle products.

We've created a lot of cases, so we're in touch with Oracle support frequently. The service is consistent across all our Oracle products because they're located in one place.

We previously used IBM InfoSphere Warehouse.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Oracle provided us with an on-site consultant to perform the installation.

We also looked at Microsoft SQL. We chose Exadata as we have other Oracle products, including Database.

What other advice do I have?

If you are buying Exadata, be sure to go with the latest version.