Oracle Exadata Review

We tuned so much code by using all the techniques and it is working fantastically.

What is most valuable?

• Oracle OEM
  • Analytic functions and Window functions
  • Parallelism
  • Hints to the optimizer
  • Gather statistics
  • Extended Statistics

How has it helped my organization?

We tuned so much code recently by using all the techniques above and it is working fantastic.

What needs improvement?

The Oracle tuning advisor could have been available to Developers so that they can send the advises to DBA's.

2 years

Nnope. It is usually we forget to mention the Schema names before the deployment and it fails when DBA's runs with Super user.

Some time in Last junuary we had an issue with when we upgrade the database and the queries are started running very slow and we have changed the way of running statistics with Oracle recommendations and it started running fine.

Nope not yet but we might have plans to move it to Cloud. we are not really sure. We have our own data center and we never had any problems with Scalability

It is good and sometimes we don't get exact recommendations even though we give all details but it was satisfactory.

it is good they are knowledgable enough to answer our questions.

We never used any other solutions before and we are only using Oracle form the beginning.

Nope. it was quite easy.

We have implemented through PWC. but it was pretty stable.

More performance techniques and latest updates that we are really existed about.

Pricing is fine because we are seeing an excellent results. we could have get the same things for lower prices but the Oracle service is really good.

Yes. 1. Performance, 2. Scalability 3. Cost

What other advice do I have?

Oracle solutions are excellent and evolves according to the customer needs. Whenever there is a bug we recommend to the customers directly so that they are aware of whats going on rather they find out them selves. This helps service improvement as well customer relations hips.