Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle Exadata Review
It has enabled us to implement business intelligence. They can make it faster and more scalable.

Valuable Features:

The scale of the product is the most valuable feature. We use it for data warehouse and for that, we need to process a whole bunch of data faster. That is one of the features that we use this product most.

We use it for bringing data from all the different systems into it and then process it there. It is relatively faster. I always want the fastest speed, but despite all the claims made, it is fast. This product meets our scale and volume requirements.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has enabled us to implement business intelligence. That is the most important function that we are using it for. It has helped us line-up. Earlier, we used to take close to 24 hours in some cases. Now, it's a matter of a couple of hours.

Room for Improvement:

They can make it faster and more scalable. Currently, it is not. Actually, we carried out a benchmark against another company's product. Oracle took about 14 hours and that company's product took only thirty minutes. It is like a day and night difference.

Stability Issues:

It's pretty stable.

Scalability Issues:

This product does not scale like we want it to.

There is another company that we use for this purpose and it does a much better job.

It's pretty good. I don't have any problems in that area.

Previous Solutions:

We were not using any other solution prior to this. The reason why we chose this product is because we had already invested in Oracle and they had this to offer, so we continued with it.

Other Advice:

If we needed to use it for batch requirements like before, it is still one of the best solutions. But, right now with the needs that we have, it isn't enough. If you are looking for batch processing, this solution is the way to go. However, if you are looking to do what we do, which not many companies do, then it is not suitable. We are into the internet business and we process trillions of records in a day all over the world. So, probably it is not for us. But for most of the companies, it is suitable. In my previous company, we had this solution.

Actually, the product rating all depends on the timing. Initially when it was bought, at the time, there was no other solution like this. At that time, I would have rated it higher. However, with our current requirements we need to be able to process billions of records in almost real-time, which this database doesn't meet.

Oracle products are pretty stable. They are leaders in database. As we looked into data warehouse products, they are the natural choice. We did not want to bring something new.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle Exadata?

Our experts can help. 209,107 professionals have used our research on 5,560 solutions.