PagerDuty Review

Push notifications to mobile devices combined with the in-app ability to override the system volume allows for flexibility in managing other device notifications.

Valuable Features

Push notifications to mobile devices combined with the in-app ability to override the system volume allows for flexibility in managing other device notifications, while high-level notifications can be alerted without worrying if your device's notification level is sufficient.

Improvements to My Organization

All of our on-call hand-offs are now fully automated with the scheduling system inside PagerDuty. All we need to do is define the rotation and it takes care of everything else.

Room for Improvement

Some of the UX needs some help for better flow of actions - however I can understand the reasoning behind how some of the UI is laid and how you need to go an extra step to trigger actions.

Use of Solution

2 years.

Not that I can remember - it's been two years without any issues.

The most instability we've found was delayed messages - but PagerDuty support is always good with updating Twitter and their support outlets.

Pretty good up there. I've never had to wait over 24 hours to get support.

Technical support has always been up there. From the Twitter updates to their helpdesk - the experience is great throughout.

It was very straightforward. We had integrated the system with Zabbix. In fact, it was more complex on the Zabbix side of things to set it up.

Implementation Team

In-house.

Other Advice

Implement PagerDuty. Right now. Go. Are you still here?