PagerDuty Review

The notifications, and the information that comes along with them are valuable.

Valuable Features

I would say the notifications, and the information that comes along with them.

Improvements to My Organization

We're able to respond to problems within the environment a lot quicker, because we get the notifications regularly, or when there is an issue, we're able to respond and get it resolved quickly.

Room for Improvement

I'm not really sure. The one that was big on our list was the ability to tune the alerts, but they've done that now with the non-critical. At this time, everything is pretty good with how we're using it, and what they provide.

Use of Solution

2 years.

It seems to be very stable. I don't know whether there's been an issue on the PagerDuty side or on the devices that we use, but we have seen some inconsistencies with receiving alerts on an iPhone versus an Android device from time to time. I don't if that's a PagerDuty issue or not.

For our needs, it's definitely scalable. It's more than adequate. Just the ability for us to add users, and that's really all that we need, users and policies that we want to tie into our infrastructure. It's been good, so far.

I don't think we've actually had to submit any tickets. It's a pretty easy solution to work with, and haven't had any issues with it.

Everything about it is very straightforward, and easy to get rolling with.

ROI

I definitely think we have made an ROI. Just the ability to be able to respond quicker to the issues that are coming up gives the company a better mean times resolution resolution, which is going to improve upon the return on investment for what we spend on PagerDuty.

Other Advice

It's very easy and straightforward to get implemented, and hit the ground running. As far as advice, I would ensure that you should create your services and policies to what you need, so you're not getting false alerts on issues that really aren't worth investigating. You definitely don't want to be running down false positives, and so, making sure that you are truly monitoring and being alerted on things that are important to company. Something to ensure is set up properly.