Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR Review

Very scalable, awesome automation, and awesome technical support

What is our primary use case?

The use cases basically came from the customers. Most of the time, the major concern is from a security perspective because various kinds of attacks are happening. To restrict or stop those attacks, we are building playbooks. We are also automating repetitive tasks.

We are using on-premise as well as cloud deployments.

What is most valuable?

The automation part and the playbook creation part are awesome. The way it is responding to the customers and incidents is also very good. In the SOC environment, I guess it will carry out around 50% of the work.

What needs improvement?

For building automation, there is not a lot of good documentation. The documentation is there, but it is not very good from my perspective. There should be an improvement in this area. I don't see issues with anything else.

In terms of new features, I have heard that other products have EBA functionality. It would be good if this functionality could be added.

I have been working on this solution for the last four months.

Its stability is okay.

It is very scalable. It can be easily integrated with other third-party APIs.

Their technical support is awesome. It is far better than the technical support of any other company.

The setup is very easy. It is very straightforward. The deployment took around 15 minutes.

From the cost perspective, I have heard that its price is a bit high as compared to other similar products.

What other advice do I have?

For each SOC and MSS environment, I would recommend using Cortex XSOAR for better productivity, scalability, performance, and efficiency. A lot of manual work is happening right now, and that could be avoided. People can be utilized for more productive work.

I would rate Palo Alto Network Cortex XSOAR an eight out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Palo Alto Networks, Splunk, IBM and others in Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR). Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.