Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

A user-friendly next-generation firewall with good support and useful security features.

What is our primary use case?

We use a very basic model with a small installation to secure a small office segment with 50 users.

What is most valuable?

Operationally, it is easier, and the manageability and their security features are good. Vendor support is also good.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to their support, we have to select every single component that we want to include in a particular bundle. That is a very tedious process. The vendor will help us identify the product and the features, but it could be better. The price could also be better.

We have been using Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls for about four years.

Vendor support is good.

Compared to other solutions, it's very expensive to set up and maintain.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that Palo Alto is the best, even compared to Cisco or any other competitor.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls a nine.

More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.