Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

A user-friendly solution with useful application control, IPS, and sandboxing features

What is our primary use case?

It protects from any unwanted traffic or any kind of attack toward your LAN. It just minimizes the risk. It does not completely eradicate the risk.

We have the latest version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

Application control, IPS, and sandboxing towards the cloud are the most valuable features. It is a very user-friendly product with a very easy-to-use interface.

What needs improvement?

Its stability can be better. Their technical response from the support side can also be better.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

It is stable, but its stability can be better.

If you got the product for 100 users and the company has grown to 500 people, this product will not be scalable. You will need another hardware that has more resources.

Their technical support is very good, but their technical response can be better. You might face some difficulties due to COVID, but they have been very good most of the time. It also depends on the region from where you are calling.

It is very much straightforward. It is a friendly product, but one should have basic knowledge of networking and security.

The deployment duration and the number of people required vary based on the requirements. A security product doesn't work in a way where you just install it, and it starts functioning. You need to keep improvising and updating it. It is an ongoing process for all security products.

You pay based on the kind of license you require, but comparatively, it is not very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. If you have internet, you should definitely have a firewall in your network. When you're exposed to the internet, you're exposed to risks. You definitely need a next-generation firewall in corporate networks.

I would rate Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls an eight out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.