Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Review

A stable next-generation firewall solution

What is our primary use case?

We use Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls to manage the villains. Basically, to protect the environment.

What is most valuable?

I like that they are more stable than the previous ones, and they allow a lot of other features.

What needs improvement?

It would be better to have more tools to control Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. We don't have too many tools to access Palo Alto. For example, the IT team doesn't have access to it. We can see it physically and see if it's running or not. We need to contact a special team to receive that information. I would also like to see more reporting in the next release.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls for two years.

Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls is stable.

Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls is scalable. We have about 250 people using it at our hotel.

We use Trustwave, a company that provides the devices. We have an agreement with them, and we're satisfied with the support.

We used to use Juniper and Fortinet.

The initial setup is pretty much straightforward. It takes us about two hours to set up and deploy this solution. It takes a team of two guys to deploy and maintain this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls a nine.

More Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.