Palo Alto Networks VM-Series Review

Helpful support, and the security and packet routing speed are good

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are security and support.

The packet routing speed is very good.

What needs improvement?

There should be an option for direct integration with the Azure platform. This would allow this product to take advantage of the auto-scaling that is offered by Azure. Because I am purchasing it as a SaaS model, I should get the complete functionality.

I would like to see the direct support and product ownership from the principal vendor. Ideally, the vendor should maintain ownership and be responsible for the system, including that it is operating correctly. This would give my company a better value when purchasing the product.

The pricing could be improved.

The Panorama management license should come with this solution. We have eight nodes and we still have to purchase it separately. Everything should come with a single license, rather than something that is broken into many parts.

I have been using the Palo Alto VM-Series Firewall for a few months.

This solution is stable.

This is a scalable solution but it would be better if it had direct integration with Microsoft Azure.

Currently, we have three administrators and more than 5,000 end-users through our public website.

Technical support is very good and I would give them full marks.

This firewall is easy to implement.

What other advice do I have?

Everything from Palo Alto is good and I recommend that people implement this firewall.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks VM-Series reviews from users